Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Eating about Architecture

So your probably thinking what the hell is Eating about Architecture. I am an architect that loves to cook, design, and solve puzzles. So I decided to start to write about all the above. The more I thought about it the more I realized that each has its place and each really influence the other. I will be posting my own crazy opinions about food, recipes that I make, and my own warped mentality towards the wonderful world of architecture.

A little more background on why I am writing this blog.

My roommate is seasoned blogger and she is the one that got me interested in the world of the blog. She would always be writing about the restaurants that we go to and the food that we ate.
We were out at a restaurant this past week and we were really early to our reservation. We sat down in the bar, had a couple of drinks and started to talk about the restaurants decor. It made realize that I not only have strong opinions about food but how spaces are designed. The more I thought about it, the more I started thinking about all the times I go out with my friends and there I am staring off in space thinking about how a light fixture is attached the ceiling or how the pattern in the wallpaper is really designed by someone who was high in the 60's. Needless to say I have a lot of opinions and the gravitate towards architecture and food.

So it always comes back to food and the built environment. Hopefully with a little kookieness mixed in.

I leave you now with the immortal words of Ford Prefect

"DON'T PANIC"

No comments: