Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Woe that is Filene's take 3

My concerns of downtown are starting to manifest again. I read this article about the financing of the One Franklin project and how that there is trouble with it (see link below). With the market the way that it is now, has probably put quite a bit of stress on projects throughout the city. Keeping an optimistic outlook towards this is one of the best things that i can do, even though it is a little sad to walk by the project and see no work going on. I understand that it is hard to finance such a huge project. Can you imagine someone coming up to you and says, by the way I'm trying to build a skyscraper and do you have a couple mil handy for me to do so. It does make me wonder how solid of a budget plan the city requires a project in an economy like this. The bigger question is, what is the city going to do about this? Well this reader is going to be waiting to hear from the city that's for sure. Is it their place to bail out this project? We will have to wait and see. All I can hope for is that whatever happens the design stays strong. If we compromise design then we are settling for second best and this city should not settle.

http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/2008/11/03/daily45.html

No comments: