Thursday, May 22, 2008

Morning stroll through down town Boston


I realized that I have not posted anything in a while. Work is keeping me pretty busy. Whoever thinks that architects don't work for their money, they are insane. I say that if you are an architect and have been practicing for a while you must really love what you do. You don't find many architects out there that say that they are in it for the money. Its a hard occupation. I'm not looking for pity, I signed up for it. I was just realizing that the picture that I took the other day was a shot that I took on my way into the office at 7 am and that day I did not leave work until a little after 7 pm. Where does the time go? There are a few perks to working long hours, one of which is to experience spaces at times most people don't even think about being around. I have to say that being down town early in the morning on a crisp spring day is a great experiecne. This mornining there was a cool breeze and a hint of salt air dancing around my nose. With not many people out, I truly felt how behemoth the city really is. As I walked down Boylston I came upon a sight that just made me feel so insignificant and small. I turned the corner near the library and there was the Hancock tower doing just that, towering over the landscape, wonderfully back lit by the morning sun. With the sun at the angle that it was it created this strong profile of the skyline and the tower just erupted out of the city. I am not normally a morning person but i have to say that when your out and about in a city if you want to feel like the whole town is meant only for you, take a stroll at dawn, you will see a side of the city you would never expect.

No comments: