Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A new addition to the chicago skyline take 2



The other weekend I went to go and visit the folks. They are in Indiana and the last day of my quick weekend my parents had tickets to see the Cubs. Looking back I wish I had the foresight to make it to the game myself. I sure do miss Wrigley field. So I went to Chicago with my parents and we parted ways at Wrigley field. Man was that hard, being at the field and not going in to see the game. I had about 5 hours before my flight so I had some time to waste. I went down town and walked around for a while. This gave me a chance to take a closer look at Aqua. It is an interesting building. Its simple shape is fits well into the landscape of the Mies influenced Chicago building type. It plays with the simple rectangular shape with the undulating balconies which are extensions of the floor assembly. I am still interested in this building and will be following it continued construction. I am still very interested on how the balconies will be detailed and finished. With no railings on it now you can see the connection of the glass structure to the modern architecture of Chicago. The building has even made it into the Wendell boat tour commentary. Its making waves in the Chicago skyline, check it out for yourself.

No comments: